What a wonderful evening. Everyone did an amazing job with their allocated recipes - from the fishcakes and duck salads to the curries, eggnets and pork hocks. We all amazed ourselves - the quality was outstanding - as good as Longrain, we reckoned except for the pork hock and caramel sauce which was, actually, *better* than Longrain's.
Thanks everyone, especially the Kincaids who hosted the evening. It was a lovely time with our accumulated Antipodean family - we really are a very lucky bunch of people to know so many adventurous cooks!
Steamed Pipi Salad with Basil and Chilli
Spiced Barossa Chicken with Plum Sauce
- Fish cakes
- Steamed pipi salad
- Papaya salad with coconut rice
- Crisp duck & lychee salad
- Grilled prawn salad with a green chilli & galangal dressing
- Spiced barosossa chicken with plum sauce
- Caramalised pork hock with chilli vinegar
- Egg nets with pork, prawn, Beansprouts & cucumber relish
- Peanut curry of grilled beef
- Prawns stir fried with turmeric, chilli & garlic paste
(now I'm off to see a matinee session of UP - what a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon)