As mentioned in yesterday's post, I fell over and smashed some of my tech: Kindle included.
I've had my Kindle for a long time - it's one of the early keyboard ones - so thought it would be worth trying to fix it myself.
New screens can be ordered on eBay. Be careful to order the correct screen; there are a number of different Kindles and eInk readers out there. I took my time to be sure I'd ordered the correct screen. It wasn't until it actually arrived that I was 100% sure I'd got it right.
I read the instructions and watched the video along with my dismantling of the Kindle. I kept track of my screws and washers. I also took careful note of some of the parts such as the earthing cable which had a fiddly way of fitting together.
It took about an hour and a half due to my inexperience and clumsy fingers. I had to back-track a couple of times when re-assembling the Kindle because I'd missed this thing or that. But in the end, after concentration and paying-attention-ness, my busted Kindle looks like a brand new one!