Layer One: the outside
- What’s your preferred name? Michelle - but I do answer to others: Mish, Shelley, Mouse, Mum, Gramma. It took me most of Primary School (ages 5-10) to get to a point where I was okay being called Michelle. Fun Fact: when I was born, the name "Cushla" was considered for me.
- Do you wear glasses? Yes I do. These days they are progressive lenses that aren't meeting my near-sighted needs so I'm often pushing them up on top of my head so I can read documents. Time for a new pair!
- How would you describe your fashion style? I really haven't paid as much attention to my wardrobe let alone my "fashion style" these last few years (decades). It might be partly because I'm overweight, but mostly I think because it doesn't really interest me. I am thinking about developing a capsule wardrobe for Spring/Summer so I get the benefit of not thinking about clothes while giving the illusion that I care - we'll see how that develops.
Layer two: the inside
- What do you fear? Anything happening to the people I love - but I don't dwell on it even though it's the truthful answer. The feeling of falling is something I dislike intently so I avoid roller coasters, bungy-jumping, and other places where my stomach would drop so my flippant answer to this question would be that I have a fear of falling.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Sandra Bullock movies and One Direction songs <= enough said.
Layer three: your thoughts
- What was your first thought when you woke up today? "How can I manage to stay at home today?" That's all I ever want to do, and it's something I plot most mornings right up until I get in my car and drive to work. We don't have the option to work from home in my current work situation.
- What you think about most? Everything. I think the word "flibbertigibbet" was coined for my brain.
Layer four: what's better?
- To be loved or respected? Respected.
- Dogs or cats? Cats. I find dogs too needy and farty for my liking, though I like dogs, the question was an either or.
Layer five: belief
- Believe in yourself? Yes.
- Believe in love? Yes.
Layer six: your talents
- Do you play a musical instrument? No.
- Do you enjoy cooking? Yes.
- Are you any good at gardening? Yes; though I don't do it because it's hard to get started and requires a consistency of concentration over time that I'm just not capable of. I would make an amazing Garden Supervisor "Plant that there!" "Prune this here!" "Weed that!" "Rake this!" see? born to it.
Layer seven: your favourites
- Favourite animal? Orca (polar bear? penguin? rabbit?)
- Favourite movie? Look Both Ways.
- Favourite book? The Last Samurai by Helen De Witt