Today I fly to Wellington to attend Webstock 2014. It is the most rejuvinating, interesting, amazing conference (gathering, happening, spa retreat?) and I go to it every year that I possibly can. I’ve listed below a few of the past talks that I found really interesting and touching so you can get a taste of why Webstock is so awesome.
Speakers at Webstock often show their vulnerability. They admit things don’t always work out the way they had planned, and that stuff is hard, and things are complicated. They’re not always here with the answers. They often share their thoughts and their journeys, and they give me hope about all things.
- I built a web app (& you can too) (Jason Kottke)
- What a feeling! (Bruce Sterling)
- When we build (Wilson Miner)
- Everything the Network Touches (Tom Coates)
- Scared Shitless: How I (Mostly) Learned to Love Being Afraid of Pretty Much Everything (Merlin Mann)
- Webstock talks (Webstock)